"We don't sell airline tickets or membership of Kupat Cholim...
However we are experts in travel insurance!"
When you buy travel insurance from your travel agent or local Kupam Cholim clinic, ask yourself the following:
1. Do they understand the "fine print" of the policy they are selling-in fact have they ever read it?
2. Are you sure that any special conditions or medical risks you have are properly covered?
3. Can your Travel agent/Kupal Cholim extend your policy if you are unexpectedly delayed overseas?
4. Most important question: Will the Travel agent or Kupal Cholim receptionist deal with your claims when you return?
At Egert & Cohen, we pride ourselves at selling the appropriate product for your maximum cover. (Examples:Pregnancy upto week 36, heart conditions, older citizens)
We can also sell travel policies to tourists or residents who don't have Kupat Cholim and are usually excluded from the standard policies.
Most important, we offer courteous and professional service in dealing with your claims, whether they are refunds on bills you have paid or direct settlement to hospital overseas.
We're here when you need us!
The son of a client of ours purchased a home recently. He took out a mortgage through the bank and they referred him to their insurance company. (The bank requires both life and
structure insurance). All good and well, until... the young man had a claim which involved water damage to his own apartment and to neighbor below. And now, surprise...the policy he has does not include Third Party Liability. While this is standard on most regular structure policies, apparently the issuers of mortgage policies are only concerned about the damage to "their" apartments and certainly not about the welfare of the client.
Therefore, the young man is now stuck with a large bill to cover his neighbor's damage.
Insurance policy - Yes
Proper coverage - No
1) Check if your mortgage policy has cover for Third Party damage. (If it's through a bank-connected insurance agency... it probably doesn't!)
2) Switch to a private insurance agent who will ensure you are properly covered.